Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Day Thirty-Five

We were very dull girls Friday. I got up with Garrett around noon to say goodbye to him before he left for Baltimore. I won't see him again until school starts (next week.. not a huge deal).

I think Elke finally got up around 2 or 3. By that time I wanted to go back to sleep, but couldn't since she was up already up. Keep in mind we had a very late night the night before. And, since I got drunk entirely on beer for the first time all summer, my stomach was completely fucked up. I was just very bloated and very grouchy.

Despite that, we decided to wander around the West Village. Elke hadn't gotten a chance to do so yet, since I went while she was in class. I took her back to a few places I had liked when I was there, but we didn't really see anything either of us wanted. There was one store, Girl Props, which is completely crazy. But it was a bit much to take in all at once the first time, so it will definitely be a place to which we return.

Part of the reason we were so glad to be in the Village is that it is very close to one of the very few Taco Bells in New York City. Even though my stomach was mad at me and even though we kept passing delicious-smelling restaurants, we went straight to Taco Bell and stuffed our faces. Elke especially loves it because she's a vegetarian.

After that we did a little bit more shopping and then just came home. We were both still exhausted from the night before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home