Friday, August 26, 2005

Day Thirty-One

We were up late Sunday night, so Monday we got a bit of a late start. Our original plan was to go to the West Village or Canal Street, but by the time we were ready to go, it seemed too late to go down there - many things would have been close to closing.

So instead, we headed to Fifth Avenue. Elke hadn't had a chance to go yet and I wanted to revisit the New York Public Library Store so I could buy their planner and a book journal. I want to start keeping one - you write down the title, author, date read, feelings while reading it and quotes you liked from it. Very cool.

Oooh, but before we left the nice postman brought me my beautiful new shoes. They were even better than I thought they would be. I had no idea my feet could look so pretty.

Sadly, when we got there, we found out that the library is CLOSED on Mondays. Closed. Every single Monday. I was very sad. I know I can buy those things other places, but I wanted to support the library, even though the main branch kind of sucks. So much for that.

But we continued up the street toward Bloomingdale's, which was our final destination. Elke had some really good memories of it involving her dad spending lots of money on her, so she wanted to check it out. Of course, we stopped in other places on our way, one of which was (surprise, surprise) H & M. We spent a TON of time there, as we both love everything they make. I ended up getting a BEAUTIFUL trench coat that was on sale for $50. It falls just below my knees, is made from a cool-looking, almost wooly/denimish in appearance textured tan material and has two rows of big buttons down the middle with a matching belt and a HUGE collar. It's very classic, very Audrey Hepburn. I was a bit apprehensive about getting it because I already have a lightweight coat and I really need a winter coat, and it just isn't warm enough for that. But I figure with the right scarf and hat, I can wear it well into November at least. Plus, it's beautiful.

We went to a few other places, but $50 is my daily budget, so I didn't really want to spend anymore money unless I saw something I absolutely "needed."

By the time we left Bloomingdale's, my new shoes were making my feet hurt - they're really comfortable, but not for 5 hours of walking. They're too pretty for things like that. However, I did spend most of the day running into things because I was staring at my pretty, pretty feet. Something tells me we have just seen the birth of a shoe fetish.

When we got back we went and got some pizza down the street and then came back and watched the new episode of Weeds, with which we are both obsessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home